LBRA and US Rowing To Host the 2019 US Masters Southwest Regional Rowing Championships
July 13-14, 2019
This is a two day championship regatta that is co-hosted by the national organization – US Rowing and Long Beach Rowing Association. For competitive masters rowers who are serious about rowing, this is the annual premiere regatta
If you love to race, you’re going to LOVE racing at Long Beach Marine Stadium. It’s a world class course, currently under consideration for hosting the 2020 Olympic rowing competition. With are newly energized regatta committee, fresh off of hosting the 2019 FISA World Indoor Rowing Championships, the regatta will be run by experienced pros who know how to put an authentic racer’s regatta.
- Long Beach Marine Stadium
- An enclosed, 7 lane 1,000 meter course
- Boat rentals available on a limited basis – call now for reservations
- Fully buoyed lane lines with stakeboats and starters platform
- Ample room for warm ups in waterways around Naples island
- Fair, flat water with a sand beach for launching on the south side and the 5 bay LBRA boathouse on the north side
- Both sides of the course have slanted seawalls to help mitigate wakes
- US Rowing officials will adhere to a “static” format to further mitigate wakes
- Ample parking for trailers and cars on the course and surrounding areas
- Great restaurants and hotels with 1 mile of the rowing course
- Long Beach International Airport is just minutes away from the course
- Lively day and night life on 2nd Street – shopping, restaurants, dispenseries
- Food and gear vendors will be on location throughout the regatta
- Hotels, markets and stores very close to course
Register on Regatta Central Today:
Entries are open now on Regatta Central:
Sign up early and often. Be sure to contact our local regatta director, Kristina Duggan to make requests for additional information at email@example.com.
Note: there are a limited amount of rental boats available from LBRA. Get your requests in right away to take advantage of the rental program.
Races and Warm-ups:
Friday, July 12 – venue open for early arrivals and warm-ups outside of the course
Racing on Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14 2019
Note: The surrounding waterways will be available for unsupervised warm-ups on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. The regatta will start at 11:00 am on Saturday.
These hotels are 1.5 miles to the course and will offer special rates for regatta attendees.
Call them direct for booking:
LBRA Regatta Director
JL Racing – Premiere Rowing Apparel and Official Sponsor of US Rowing
About Long Beach:
Located at the epicenter of the Los Angeles/Orange County metropolitan area, Long Beach is a known as the “Aquatic Capital of the USA.” There is easy access to Long Beach and the rowing course by freeways and surface streets.
Local Attractions and Things To Do:
Freeway close to numerous family attractions:
Knott’s Berry Farm
Universal Studios Tours
The Queen Mary
The Long Beach Aquarium
Bicycling paths along major rivers and along the beach
Lots of rental scooters to get around